6 Reasons Why GOA Is the Most Love Place for Honeymoon Couples
Stretching along the western coastline of India, you will find Goa with its amazing beaches and abundant scenic beauty. Goa has a deep history as a Portuguese colony prior to 1961, which is evident through its well-preserved churches and tropical plantations.
Over the years, Goa has been further developed, attracting upscale demographic tourists from all over the world, beating Thailand, the Land of Smiles.
Many European tourists visit the place during the winters while the place remains flooded with local tourist throughout the monsoon and summer seasons.
According to a report by Statista.com, domestic tourists arriving at the state of Goa accounted for approximately 7.1 million people while foreign tourist arrivals accounted for over 900,000 in 2019. Goa is also known for its Word Heritage-listed architectures as well as rich flora and fauna, making it a biodiversity hotspot. In light of this information, let’s take a quick look at some of the best reasons why Goa is considered as a major attraction for honeymoon couples.
1. Exotic Places & Venues
There are various historical monuments that stand in their near to original majesty to this day in Goa. Some of the most romantic and heritage sites include:
- Bom Jesus Basilica – built in 1594 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, housing the remains of St. Francis Xavier.
- Fort Aguada – a 17th-century Portuguese fort with breathtaking views over the Mandovi River and the Arabian Sea.
- Old Goa – located on the southern banks of Mandovi River with various churches populating the area.
- Pilar – located 10 km from the capital Panaji and offers panoramic views and historical sites.
- Temples – including the likes of Shanta Durga, Mangueshi, Shri Damodar, and Mahalasa.
2. Food Reigns Supreme
One of the best things about Goa which simply cannot be emphasized enough is the range of edible delicacies and a tremendous variety of eateries it has to offer.
From local dishes to seafood as well as international food franchises, Goa is brimming with delightful platters and fantastic flavors that can tantalize anyone’s taste buds.
There is something for everyone here at Goa. Some of the best restaurants in Goa include:
- Artjuna Garden Café – home-style Israeli food with popular Mediterranean dishes.
- Bomras – considered as the world’s best Burmese restaurant and Goa’s best-kept secret.
- La Plage – a Goan culinary treasure that offers scrumptious French cuisine.
- Thalassa – authentic Greek food with Mariketty Grana as head and main chef.
3. Psychedelic Adventures
If you are not the kind of person who doesn’t mind taking a psychedelic adventure once in a while, then Goa is indeed the mother lode for a lot of things.
Booze is no doubt cheap but to be honest if you cannot find a substance in Goa, then it probably doesn’t exist or has been made yet in any other part of the world.
There are various opportunities for you to make the most of and getting high isn’t a big deal. People most commonly can get LSD and Ganga.
So if you and your spouse are in the mood then getting tipsy together would definitely create some terrific memories.
4. Rave Parties that Never Stop
The nightlife at Goa is world-famous and quite frankly rivals Ibiza of the Mediterranean. A lot of students who have sought out the best dissertation writers UK are already making plans to visit these places soon.
Some of the best venues to go all out and groove to your madness include:
- Club Cabana – most happening nightclub on top of Arpora Hill with spectacular views
- HIC The Gastro Pub – music plus food, live music, jam sessions, till wee hours of the morning
- Leopard Valley – open-air, DJs, food, laser shows, best places to party in South Goa
- Shiva Valley – known as the heaven of trance and a must-visit for music lovers
- Smugglers Inn – chill zone, European style movie screenings, karaoke, and gaming
- Tito’s Bar and Club – most popular nightclub in Goa
5. Serene Environment
With so much to do and so much going around you in Goa, there will probably come a time where you just want to chill and relax.
For this, I strongly recommend that you consider the Goa Cruise , which takes you across the various rivers while exploring exotic scenery around you.
If that is not your taste however then consider visiting the Dudhsagar Falls which considered amongst the tallest waterfalls in India with a height of 310 meters or 1,017 feet.
6. Tons of Fun Activities
There are tons of beautiful places to visit in Goa. For tourists, the beaches definitely take prominence, including the likes of Anjuna, Baga, Calangute, and the Palolem beaches.
Then there is the Goa Carnival which is held every February lead by the Catholic community and with the people wearing traditional clothing and fancy dresses. In December there is a galore of festivity with Christmas celebrations, public dancing, carol singing, and much more.
Talking about activities, Goa also offers a tremendous range of watersports that you and your partner can delve into such as snorkeling, scuba diving, parasailing, banana boat riding, and paragliding over the beaches to name a few.
Without question doing justice to Goa and the amazing venues, it has to offer would require much more space and time. There are tons of restaurants, shopping malls, nightclubs, and places that can make you consider never leaving Goa in your life.
This place is truly a marvel to behold, and for couples, it’s a tremendous opportunity to make lifelong memories. If you have something more to add to this list that I forgot to include, please do so by leaving a mention of them in the comment section below. Cheers and Bon Voyage!
Claudia Jeffrey is presently working as a Sr. Research Analyst & Digital Evangelist at Crowd Writer, where she supervises a huge content writing team. Putting kindness and empathy first, she loves to translate societal issues into audience-specific content which deliver value. In the past, she’s been a yoga teacher.