SBI PO 2021 Exam, is conducted for the recruitment to the post of probationary Officers once a year. Candidates below the age bracket of 30 are trying to ace this exam with high accuracy, within the allocated time. It is one of the dreamed jobs for millions of aspirants in the banking industry. SBI PO 2021 exam is conducted to recruit the Probationary officers for the branch of the State bank of India across the nation. The recruitment process consists of three phases — Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and GD/ Interview round.
This article would provide you with detailed information about the Prelims Exam. As you know, the final exam dates are yet to be released by the officials. Also, the official notification for years 2021 will be disclosed soon on the official website @sbi.co.in.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021: Prelims
Below moving forwards, let’s discuss the exam pattern for the Preliminary exams for SBI PO Exam in detail to help you understand the criteria of the exam.
|Subject||No. of questions||Duration|
|English Language||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes|
- Marks for each subject would be 100.
- There will be a Negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
Key-Points Before starting preparation for SBI PO Exam
If you are reading this article, it seems that you are preparing for the SBI PO Exam. In this passage, we tell you great tips and tricks of how to prepare for SBI PO at Home in this COVID Pandemic.
Here are the few things, which you must take into notice before starting your exams-
- Familiarize yourself with the latest SBI PO Exam pattern
- Always remember that the exam can be modified from the previous years, so don’t blindly follow the previous year’s papers.
- Don’t spend much time on the things which are inconvenient in the exam.
- In the exam, you will find a sectional timing for each question. Make sure to attempt each question within 20 minutes with your hundred percent accuracy.
- Note down the important topics in the exam
- Analyse the previous year’s question papers.
- Mark the important topic that is preferred by the mentors and the syllabus.
- Cover the topics that are weighing more marks in the SBI PO pre exam.
- Understand the new changes introduced in the syllabus
- SBI has removed the sectional cut off in the PO prelims and as well in the mains exams.
- So, the candidates cannot focus on just one topic and crack the exam. They need to study every topic to make it into the merit list of SBI PO.
SBI PO Exam 2021 Strategy and Study Plan to Prepare at Home
We have divided the strategy into two parts. Each part will help you focus on the work that you need to work on your studies.
Segment 1 Strategy for SBI PO 2021 exam
- Clear all your basic concepts and directly jump into the high-level questions. Don’t waste your time, and enrich yourself with the topics of your studies.
- Answer as many questions as possible. If you are making mistakes, then, try to rectify them and don’t repeat them.
- If you don’t have any problems with the basic concept, try to improve your speed more and start doing exercise related to your studies.
- Let us now have a look at the topics that should be focused on for different sections in this month –
|English Language||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude|
|● Sentence Improvement |
● Reading Comprehension
● Cloze Test
● Spotting Error
● Synonyms & Antonyms
|● Linear/ Circular Arrangements |
● Puzzles (especially floor or box based)
● Blood Relation
|● Simplification/ Approximation |
● Data Interpretation
● Number Series
● Arithmetic Topics: Ratio, Average, Percentages, Profit, and Loss, Time and Work
● Quadratic Equation
Make sure you are covering mentioned in the table as per old and new exam patterns. Because these topics cover more than 80% of your syllabus.
Segment 2 Strategy for SBI PO 2021 Exam
- Take the regular practice of the mock test to improve your speed and your memorizing power.
- Attempt at least 10 mock tests in a month.
- Analyse your performance after every test and try to speed up your time management.
Books for SBI PO Exam – English Language
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant Publication)
|Books for SBI PO Exam – Reasoning Ability|
- A modern approach to verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali, InduSijwali
- How to Crack Test of Reasoning: In All Competitive Exam (English) by Arihant Publication
|Books for SBI PO Exam – Quantitative Aptitude|
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma (TMH Publication)
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra (BSC Publication)
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Quantum Cat by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
SBI PO Preparation Tips
We have already discussed how you can prepare for your studies in your home. Now we will give you some ideas of how you can crack your exam in 2021. For this motivation, you need to study from this very moment because you don’t have much time left in your hand.
Let’s start with the preparation for SBI PO Exam 2021-
The prelims exam itself have 100 questions, so basically you have to push yourself and complete the exam with an ultimate speed in the Prelims Exam, to achieve the answer is simple Practice hard.
- Qualifying Nature
To qualify in the prelims exam, you simply have to attempt a sufficient number of questions to be shortlisted in the mains exam.
With these tips and tricks, you can prepare for your SBI PO Exam from your home. You might need a tutor, for that you can look into the online and find yourselves many tutors and videos that will solve your doubts. Remember, no one will help you in making you deal with the situation, you have to eventually go through it. Don’t give up, no matter. A day will come that you will be glad for not quitting and trying hard to achieve it. You can write for us education if you have more education blog.